6 Easy DIY Upcyling Ideas for You
I get so inspired by the upcycling ideas I find on pinterest! I love finding every day items we have in our homes or find at yard sales, thrift stores and imagining what they could be in my life. There’s something fun and special about knowing the item had another life before it was your creative element! Whether it’s apparel or home accessories, even yard décor or car gadgets, almost everything we use today can be repurposed or reused. Being frugal is work, it can be fun too! Let’s take a peek and see what catches your eye! I know my favorite(s).
1. Save your cans. Then turn Cans into Planters for your succulents with a few easy steps!
2. If you are lucky enough to find leather at the thrift store, you can turn a Leather Coat into a Handbag with this tutorial.
3. Simple lace turns this plain old water bottle into a gorgeous flower vase.
4. Jewelry Box into Remote Box, what a genius idea.
5. You can make a gorgeous planter out of almost anything you have laying around your house.
6. Have you used chalk paint recently? Turn a Chalk Paint Tin into a Rope Vase.
I want to try these all and with the exception of one, I pretty much have everything I need already right at home! Let’s see how many I get through before I head to Pinterest for more! Do you have a favorite upcycle project you’d like to share here on Barefoot Budgeting? Drop me a line….. or two.